Sunday, May 4, 2008

Online Apps

Explore: It's amazing to see the range of online applications that are predominately free to everyone. I wish these sites were created when I went to uni, it definitely would have made it easier to complete uni work, particularly beneficial for group work.

While still very basic in features, I'm sure that it's only a matter of time before we see not only an increase in free productivitiy software, but more advance features will soon be added. Small businesses, small departments who can not afford the full software, and with the added 'shared by invite' feature we will see an surge in the application of these within the workplace.

The hassle in planning seminars, meetings and other group projects will be minimise with the usage of this software. I guess the only foreseeable problem is, if your Internet crashes. However some business have a backup Internet connection, or a redundant line which will take of this. I don't think our Library has.

I've saved quite a few of them to my delicious account for future reference and usage. Have access these sites from home, however I wonder whether they would be accessible via our work Internet access.

Discover: I was in the whole learning 2.0 web 'zone' and started to create a powerpoint titled: A visual representation of my learning 2.0 journey to shared with the nswpln staff and then what do you know.........I stopped and couldn't recapture the energy to finish it. 1 1/2 week later ...I finally manage to complete it....hehe

Adventure: I used my google account to login to zoho writer. Quick appraisal: It seems to have more features, and more apps such as, wiki, sheet, note...and more. Pretty good.

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

Your enthusiasm is infectious and I liked your considered comments.

Pat