Sunday, April 27, 2008

Personal On Demand

Discover: It would be good if they provided transcript with some podcast as it would have made it easier with some of the interviews conducted by the British Library.
I liked the fact that ABC provided three ways in which to access their podcasts, by subject, by network and also alphabetical. I also came also a podcast which I found interesting, it was Catapult, triple j. Catapult is about new ideas and inventions by young Australian entrepreneurs on triple j. The story, 'Socially networked success' is about the development of the company, thebroth.com which utilised social networking sites, particularly facebook to become profitable.

Explore: I would like our library to have podcasts for the following:
  • Podcast for Children - Story books
  • Podcasts for Youth events
  • Podcast for Author Talks
  • Podcast from Special events, both video and audio
  • Podcast for HLS patrons for local events
  • Staff: Training podcasts
Adventure: I didn't realise that yahoo had an audio section, pretty good stuff. It's also good to know that OEDB also provides free podcasts.

I download 2day FM radio station podcasts through itunes, which is a simple process, it just requires you to subscribe to a channel and it will automatically update when I hook up my ipod.

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

Sounds like you have given podcasts a good exploration.

Ellen